Our computers are incredible machines with many hidden features that can help us save time – here are 5 instant IT Solutions you mightn’t know about.
- F4 in Excel and Word repeats the most recent action. Just highlighted a word or cell and need to highlight another? Just press F4, rather than right clicking the word or cell. This works with all actions – delete, fonts and alignments to name a few.
- Reopen a closed Web Browser Tab by right clicking on an existing Browser bar. If you’ve accidentally closed a tab and want to reopen it you can right click on an existing browser tab and select Reopen Closed Tab. This varies slightly between Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, but the principle is the same for all.
- Google Search is a calculator. Want to do a quick addition, rather than open the windows calculator, punch your equation straight into the Google search term to get your answer and to pull up the Google Calculator.
- Scroll down one page in a web browser quickly by pressing the space bar. This one needs little explaining
- Clean your keyboard with a post it. Yep, a post-it is the perfect tool for leaving messages and cleaning dust from your keyboard. Just run the sticky end between the keys to collect any loose dust and throw it away, basking in the glory of your freshly cleaned keyboard.
Want to see some what we can do for you? Head over to our Business IT Solutions or Managed IT Services page.
Organise a Free IT Consultation
If you would like to discuss business IT solutions Brisbane based UnderCtrl offers a free consultation to discuss how our business IT solutions can be used in your business.